Q: My doctor told me to avoid reptiles while pregnant. Is this due to something contagious about the reptile?
A: Yes, but there are other things to consider as well.
- Reptiles once roamed the Earth and preyed upon weaker animals, including humans.
- Reptiles can move very quickly. Some of them are able to spray victims with poison or sticky paralytic saliva.
- Native Americans considered the reptile a messenger from the afterlife, because looking at one meant you were possibly already dead.
- Some reptiles have no legs and are able to digest human babies.
- It is predicted that as the health of our planet declines, and humans become more feeble and illness-prone, reptiles may rise again to take advantage of our vulnerability.
- Without wanting to worry you, your doctor may have become aware that a komodo dragon is following you.